Criminal Advisory, Defence & Litigation
The criminal defence and litigation team has a wide breath of exposure and deep experience in diverse areas of Criminal Law. Our lawyers have undertaken a broad spectrum of litigation cases in the Subordinate Courts, High Court, Court of Appeal and the Federal Court of Malaysia.
Our lawyers provide the highest level of strategic advice and representation across the full gamut of criminal law- from violent crime, white-collar crime to financial crime offences.
Our highly-ranked criminal lawyers coupled with their extensive network and courtroom experience advise private individuals, private and listed corporations, foreign embassies, multi-national companies, board of directors, executives, statutory and government bodies over these broad spectrum of criminal offences which includes but not limited to:
- General crime- Penal Code offences such as murder, manslaughter, rape, sexual offences, cheating, theft and robbery;
- Commercial crime- corruption, criminal breach of trusts, corporate fraud, MACC offences
- Heavy crime- Terrorism, SOSMA, POCA, human trafficking
- Dangerous Drug Act 1952 offences- drug consumption, possession and trafficking;
- Road Transport Act 1987- road traffic offences
- Immigration Act 1959/63 offences- harbouring and employment of immigration offenders and foreign workers;
- Anti-Money Laundering Act (AMLA 2001) offences - money laundering, terrorism financing and unlawful activities;
- Companies Act 2016 offences
- Capital Market Services Act 2007- corporate fraud cases, securities fraud, market manipulation, insider trading & white collar crime offences
- Firearms (Increased Penalties) Act (“FIPA”) 1971 offences
- Cyber & Internet Crimes (MCMC Act 1998) offences
- Factories Act 1948 & Computer Misuse Act 1990 offences;